This is an elegant theater which has been renewed extensively. The best artists of the world - Heifetz, Caruso, Rubinstein and other legendary artists - were presented in this place since the 1920's.
On October 28th, 1948 the National Ballet of Cuba came into being at this theater and for many years it was the headquarters of the world-wide known ballerina Alicia Alonso and the Company of Ballet of the Havana Pro-Arte Music Society that later became the National Ballet of Cuba.
The construction of this theater was conceived by Maria Teresa Garcia Montes de Giberga, president of the Pro-Arte Society of Music, beginning its construction in 1921. This placed was opened on December 2, 1928 with the performance of Symphonic Orchestra of Havana conducted by Master Gonzalo Roig.