Jesus de Miramar Church. This impressive domed church is the second largest church in Cuba. It was begun in 1948 and inaugurated on May 28, 1953.
It's done in Roman-Byzantine style. Its architect was Eugenio Cosculluela y Barreras.
The murals in the church were painted by the Spanish painter, Cesareo Marciano Hombrados y de Onativia (1909-1977) between the years 1952 and 1959. There are more than 266 figures represented in the 14 large murals. His model for the Virgin Mary was his wife, Sara Margarita Fernandez y Lopez (born August 5, 1927 in Havana, Cuba). Also has an image of Saint Ana.
The largest pipe organ in Cuba (with 5000 tubes) was inaugurated on November 22, 1956. Parts of the organ were brought from Spain and the rest was constructed in the Church by the Spaniard, Guillermo de Aizpura.
In the gardens of the Church grounds is a copy of the Grotto of the Virgin of Our Lady of Lourdes, France designed by the architect Max Borges Jr. and inaugurated on May 13, 1958. The church is located at Quinta Ave esquina a 82, Miramar, La Habana, Cuba.