Cienfuegos City Cuba. French emigrants from Bordeaux and Louisiana founded the settlement of Fernandina de Jagüa on a large, calm bay on the Caribbean Sea on April 22, 1819. In 1830 its name was changed to Cienfuegos, in honor of Jose Cienfuegos, the Governor - General of Cuba. Fifty years later, it was proclaimed a city and, for its beauty, was called "the pearl of the south" (la Perla del Sur). By the end of the 19th century, it had become the fourth most important city in the country.
Considered the Cuban architectural jewel of the 19th century, Cienfuegos is outstanding for the perfect design of its streets and for the refinement and good taste of the buildings in the city historical center, which has been declared a national monument. When visiting, stop by the Casa del Fundador (Founder's House); Nuestra Senora de la Purisima Concepcion (Our Lady of the Immaculate Conception) Cathedral; Tomas Terry Theater; Ferrer Palace; Jose Marti Park, which contains the only arch of triumph in Cuba, The Bay, the restaurant "La Covadonga" with their famous paellas, the Hotel Jagua in front of him, the Beach of Rancho Luna, where you can practice different sports, like water bicycle, catamaran, kayak, snorkeling, horse back riding and scuba diving lessons, and the area of the hotel Pasacaballos.
Other attractions include the Prado Promenade, Valle Palace, Museums of Naval and Provincial History, Reina (Queen's) Cemetery and Jai-Alai Courts.
Farther out from the center of the city, tour the Nuestra Senora de los Angeles de Jagua (Jagua for short) Fortress, Tomas Acea Cemetery and the Botanical Gardens.
In addition to these cultural and historic attractions, Cienfuegos has excellent facilities for scuba diving and other water sports, nature tourism and thermal baths.
About 15 km from the city, is the hotel Rancho Luna - Faro Luna. Cuba Cienfuegos Cuba.
Codigo Postal de los Municipios de Cienfuegos, Cuba
|Aguada de Pasajeros